Do you operate your Real Estate Business as a Team or Group? If so, you may want to pay attention to this post. While this may seem like a regulatory nuisance, the broader picture will have a massive impact on SEO and Internet Marketing.
This ruling will have a major impact on Local SEO for Agents. Basically, Unless you have a brick and mortar brokerage. Local SEO is now thing of the past.
Non local SEO is going to face a ton of challenges and changes as well. Pages that used to rank for certain keywords, will have to be revised and replaced with new pages. This is going to cause a huge shake up in Search Engine Results.
Here is the good news. Anytime there is a huge change, there is huge opportunity. Take the time now to invest in your business's SEO and you will come out of this as a winner.
Here is ruling:
61J2-10.026 Team or Group Advertising.
(1) “Team or group advertising” shall mean a name or logo used by one or more real estate licensees who represent themselves to the public as a team or group. The team or group must perform licensed activities under the supervision of the same broker or brokerage.
(2) Each team or group shall file with the broker a designated licensee to be responsible for ensuring that the advertising is in compliance with chapter 475, Florida Statutes, and division 61J2, Florida Administrative Code.
(3) At least once monthly, the registered broker must maintain a current written record of each team’s or group’s members.
(4) Team or group names. Real estate team or group names may include the word “team” or “group” as part of the name. Real estate team or group names shall not include the following words:
(j) LP, LLP or Partnership
(m) Real Estate
(o) Or similar words suggesting the team or group is a separate real estate brokerage or company
(5) This rule applies to all advertising.
(6) Advertisements containing the team or group name shall not appear in larger print than the name or logo of the registered brokerage. All advertising must be in a manner in which reasonable persons would know they are dealing with a team or group.
(7) All advertisements must comply with these requirements no later than July 1, 2019.
Nothing in this rule shall relieve the broker of their legal obligations under chapter 475, Florida Statutes, and division 61J2, Florida Administrative Code.
Rulemaking Authority 475.05, 475.25(1)(c) FS. Law Implemented 475.25 FS. History–New 6-18-18.